Dr. Charie A. Motley
Dr. Charie Motley has worked in the mental health field for over 20 years with children, adolescents, adults and families. Her specialty areas include treatment for anxiety, depression, trauma, perinatal mental health disorders, family systems disruptions, life transitions and grief.
She takes a collaborative approach, as she believes you are the expert on your life. In this space, she meets you where you are and works with you to find practical solutions to your problems. Her goal is to empower you to make future decisions that move you forward versus leaving you depleted and stagnant.
Dr. Motley uses a strength-based approach to move you through areas in your life that seem impossible to overcome. As a practitioner, she enjoys thinking outside of the routine therapy box, as she believes in using diverse, integrative and holistic approaches to healing, which incorporate traditional therapy techniques, as well as mindfulness, guided meditations, breathing techniques, progressive muscle relaxation, trauma-informed interventions, and basic “own your mess” and “stand in your truth” talks. She will mindfully challenge you to take risks throughout your healing journey, but she will be with you every step as you work to be your best self.
Click the link below to learn more about the story of Blu’s Rainbow. https://us16.campaign-archive.com/?e=__test_email__&u=c158e800e0c9d635248a3e2fd&id=d5a90bf556
Dr. Motley’s prior experience includes working, supervising, teaching, consulting, and speaking in the following settings:
- Private Practice/Founder of Blu’s Rainbow
- Community Mental Health Agencies
- Private and State Psychiatric Hospitals
- Outpatient Obstetric Office
- Juvenile Justice Facility
- Academic Setting/Professor
- Private Healthcare Corporation
- Therapeutic Day Schools
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology/Specialization Family and Couples Therapy, Argosy University/Illinois School of Professional Psychology, 2005
- B.A. English Secondary Education, Minor Psychology, Lindenwood University, 1999
- Missouri State Committee of Psychologists/Clinical Psychologist, Certified Health Service Provider
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulations, Clinical Psychologist
- Postpartum Support International, Certified Perinatal Mental Health Professional